Just how does smoking harm my health?
[This was posted to AS3 so long ago that the source has been lost. If anyone knows where this is from, please e-mail
- Lung Cancer risk increases roughly 50 to 100 percent for each cigarette you smoke per day;
- Heart Disease risk increases roughly 100 percent for each pack of cigarettes you smoke per day;
- Switching to filter-tip cigarettes reduces the risk of Lung Cancer roughly 20 percent, but does not affect the risk of Heart Disease;
- Smokers spend 27 percent more time in the hospital and more than twice as much time in intensive care units as nonsmokers;
- Each cigarette costs the smoker 5 to 20 minutes of life;
- A smoker is at twice the risk of dying before age 65 as a non-smoker!!